Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What would we do without great leaders?!

Got this from Cam.... he was/is instrumental in why Skylar is where he is today....thanks Cam!
(Camron Howell, Young Men's President Castlegate Ward)

Just got an email back from Skylar. I have attached it as a word document. I am going to print it out for each of the Priests, but thought you deserved a copy as well. (I may have spellchecked it a little :)



Sounds like he is doing Awesome!

October 18, 2010

Skylar writes:

Hey I am so glad to hear from you. Things are great here!! I love it out here and Chaz will to. He will be pro communicator and confident in his testimony. That was one thing he has always been good at. We just had an AZ Elder die. It’s a sad day here, but he has other work to do.

I'm glad you guys memorized My Missionary Purpose, it’s important. Memorization is key and it’s my new hobby. Right now I have all 49 of the mission one’s down and 50 of the seminary ones. And a few excerpts from "our heritage." I plan to have the other 50 by the end of the month and also to have the hymn book and chapter headings done by the time my mission is through. You asked for ones to help the Priests, so here are some essentials:

• Intro to the BOM( pag. 1 last 2)
• Matt. 3: 13-17
• 2 Nephi 2:22-27
• John 3:3-5
• Jeremiah 1:5
• Numbers 12:6
• Ephesians 2:19-20
• JSH 1:14-20
• 2 Nephi 31:20-21
• Moroni 7:45
• Moroni 7:33-34

Let me know if there are any overachievers and I will send more. Here is one that should have some brownie points or something. Ephesians 6:11-17 It took me a full day to get down. Make sure that everyone is thinking of a way to use these in their studies. Also, they should be familiar with the contents of the chapters listed at the beginning of lesson 2. I will also send you the revised MTC 8 lessons. It’s all about inspired questions!!! The most important things to remember are:

• BE EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY OBEDIENT!
• Be unified with the lord
• Love the Scriptures
• Pray for charity daily!(to see others and yourself as Christ does)
• Learn to recognize the spirit (When teaching, SHUT UP AND LISTEN!! NOTHING YOU SAY MATERS ANYWAYS!!! let the spirit teach) quote me on that, but explain to them what I mean.
• WORK. WORK. WORK.

I hope these things help!! I get excited talking about the work! I love teaching missionaries!!
Promise them that by doing these things they will have missions that with change their lives!!

I love my Shower Head!! I hope your Hawaii trip was super. I wish I was in some decent warmth. 55 in the day 30 at night!! Not the kind of weather for an AZ Boy, but perfect for a servant of the lord!
GOD SPEED!!