Thursday, January 20, 2011

Update

January 17, 2011

Dad writes: (Skylar replies)


Hi, what's going on this week?
NOTHING MUCH JUST THE USUAL AND AN EXCHANGE WITH ONE OF MY FRIENDS THATS GOING HOME.
Do you still have your Pday, even thou it is MLK day or do you change days so that you can be out while there are more people at home? NO THE LIBRARY WAS JUST CLOSED SO I COULDENT EMAIL. WE PLAYED NERF FOR PDAY AT THE CHURCH. NO INJURIES BUT LOTS OF PAIN. WE USED THE GUNS AND SWORDS.
It is getting really nice here the temps. Are back in the 70s and I'm looking forward to summer already. I had the stomach flu this week and am glad to have
It behind me. (no pun intended) How have you been are you all healed up from the burns?
YA IM ALL GOOD NOW. JUST A LIGHT SCAR.
How are the teeth doing any problems after the root canal?IM ALL GOOD FROM THAT AS WELL
We got some pics from your service project at the Deroest, and Kasey brought home her flat Kasey pics. (School project like Flat Stanley, I'll post pics soon...so funny!)
You look good and I'm sure that you are being blessed for you service>
Kasey liked the post card and the pics and the class loved to hear what was going on in the Portland area.
Kasey was the Student of the month and that was cool too.
Chaz went thru the temple on Thursday, Joe and Cody were called as ward missionaries and Bryson Payne was Baptized. I think that keeps you up to date on ward happenings.

How is the new area panning out? have you had any new prospects this week? NO I THINK THAT WE HQVE EXAUSTED ALL THE POTENTIALS AND ITS BACK TO LONG WET DAYS OF DOOR KNOCKING. THE 75 DAY RAIN IS APROACHING.
How is it going with you 2 investigators. THEY ARE PROGRESSING GOOD. ONE IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON FEB 5.
I think I am goin to start a thought journal, for talks and lessons. I know that I am inspired at the time and then I forget as the day and weeks go on.
We had a lesson on the sacrament also and It's great that we can start fresh each week, and grow in the lords ways.
Any animal sightings, I saw a road runner the other day but that's not that unusual.

Is there any thing that you need? UM... NOT YET. I HAVE HAD A GOOD SELF SUSTAINING MONTH. WITH NO FINATIAL ISSUES.. KNOCK ON WOOD. HAHAH
Did you get snow or did it pass you by. WE GOT FREZZING RAIN AN ICE. BUT NO SNOW. ITS WEIRD. ITS 55 AND I AM IN JUST MY SHIRT. IT WARMED UP ALLOT THOUGH.
What is your favorite food right now? RICE.. I EAT IT EVERY DAY. HAHA
If you could do 1 thing what would it be? SLEEP!!!!! HAHAJK. PLAY A SHOW.. AND SING ON STAGE..I AM GOING TO BE GETTING LESSONS ON P-DAY FROM A MEMBER. HE IS A PROFFESIONAL SINGER. IT IS MY DREAM TO BE ABLE TO SING MY OWN SONGS. ME AND BO TOGETHER.. HE STILL WANTS TO ROCK OUT WITH ME. I HOPE MY ETERMAL COMP. LIKES MUSIC.. OH LOOK UP KURTIS KNIGHT ON YOU TUBE. HE IS A ORGON PLAYER. HE BUILT IT IN HIS HOUSE. IT PHYSICALY PART OF IT. HE LIVES IN OUR WARD AND HE SHOWED US IT/..
Hope all is going well this week, love you
Dad LOVE YOU BYE!!



Onnie writes:

Hellloooo Elder White,

We didn't hear from you last week. Hmmmmmm...I guess we won't hold it against you. You must be REALLY busy if you can't type your favorite aunt! Right??

I hope things are going well and that you had a great week. It's warming up here again--about the 70's, which makes me so happy. And my kids too. They were sick of the cool weather and not being able to run around outside as much.

Well, I won't bother you with more questions--I'll just wait for your answers to last weeks questions. But here is a quote for the week:

Even though our journey may be fraught with tribulation, the destination is truly glorious.”
—Elder Quentin L. Cook

Love you and be a good missionary!
Onnie


Skylar replies:


Sorry there is alot going on in the area that i need to talk to pres about and i only have 1 hr on the computer. but my comp goes home in one week.
I am most likly training when he goes..
It has not stoped raining for 5 days. or let up in the slightest degree.
But everything is going good and i am working hard, the things that scott told me are really helping. I feel like i am on the right track. Tell him thank you for me!!\
I love you Guys!!!! ps. i am doing terrible at memorizing the quotes..... but i have almost half of my patriartical blessing down!!!