Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here it is!

Monday was transfer day. Sometimes missionaries go out and sometimes they come in. Since Skylar's companion went home he got a new one.....change is good!

Here we go.....

Mom writes:

Hey Buddy it's mom....

Dad's sick so I'm in charge......yay me.....

He's been sick since Christmas day....I've really had all the fun I could possibly have! He's been trying to pass a kidney stone all day....so I feel bad for him.....but ya....

Grandma is in the hospital again....they're not sure what the deal is. They got her hydrated and stuff. Pa said she had a really good day today. She just can't kick whatever is wrong.

Let's see what else. Today was Chaz's farewell. He leaves for West Virginia next week.....
Jordan Woodard got his call. Calgary Canada. Brrr......you think YOU'RE cold! I'll get you his address when I have it.

I still have your box. Since you don't need anything I guess I'll just mail it. Anything you want I should put in it???

I'm attaching some pics of the store. I hope it's ok....there's nothing bad in them so I hope you don't get in trouble for looking at them.

K - I'm not the religious one so I hope you're not in need of some grand insight. I'm more of a spiritual kind of girl. ooooowwwmmmmm.......

Any adventures to report?

The weather? We're back to shorts here! neener! and you?????

Well you're in a hurry and I'm pretty boring...

Let us know what's up.

We love you.....well...THEY do, I don't.....and don't let anyone tell you different!

Mommasitarosaritarefreidbeans




Skylar replies:

hey mom. You are a "religious" one and i hope that your undies always remind you that you are first and formost a "religious" one.
I am doing great.
I hope grama gets better. i just got a package from her. it went to salem... it had a picture of a girl.. will you find out why?? is this a hookup? or a project?? someone who is trying to write me?? if so i need some info... Member, less-actictive, recent convert, investigator, potential investigator. I need to know this kind of ting...
I am now with elder graham. The first com (companion) i have that i know!! he served near me before we are so excited to be comps. he has a ukalaly.There is alot of good work going on here. it is still raining all the time and it is 50 outside. wich is warm to me now. hahah. oh missions. Love you!!!


Kasey writes:

hi skylar its kasey i loved the pics i even got tearey eyed when i saw tham well love u alot miss u

Skylar replies:

love you munchkin!!!

hey whats green and has 4 wheels??? (bummer, now she has to wait a week for the punchline!)

Onnie writes:

Hoooooorrrraaaayyyyyy! An email from the best missionary ever...

Hello Elder Nephew!

How are you doing? Anything exciting happening? I hope you are doing well and feeling well too.

Things here are pretty good. It's been a week and weekend with some trials for us. Grandma is in the hospital again. Poor Grandma! She is having the hardest time. She has a really bad infection, so be sure to remember her in your prayers. We have some things going on on the Slades side of the family as well, AND I have two ladies I visit teach who have just had surgery--oh my, it's been crazy! Scott and the kids are well, and we are trooping along!

So a few weeks ago, I sent you a list of questions, and since I didn't hear from you, I decided to copy and paste them here, plus a few extra:

Did Elder Harris go home?
YEs I am with elder graham now. hes from texas.
Do you have a new area now?nope i stayed put
What time do you have to get up on p-day? 615 like everyday. pday starts at 10 and ends at 6
Do your mission rules allow you to take a nap ever? yes on pday and at lunch
What is your favorite day of the week? P-Day!!!!
What did you eat for breakfast today? BANANA!!!!TRIX!!!OJ!!!
How many people are you teaching now?2
Where do you do your laundry?the appartment. we have a washer and dryer.
Who is your favorite person in the ward to visit? The shaws or the zellers. i would merry their daughters just to get into the familys haha
Plans for P-day today? ommmmm.not realy just getting things situated with the new comp!
Do you need or want anything?nope i think i am all good> But i will keep you posted.

Okay, now for a quote. Hey, don't worry about memorizing all of these--I send them to you so that you can think on them, or print them if you like them. Just read them and be edified! Go easy on yourself, Elder. The Lord doesn't want you to sweat the small stuff, He wants you to worry about what is really important in your mission--and I'd venture to say that memorizing the quotes your crazy aunt sends you is not high on His list. Just sayin....

“An Apostle is a missionary, bearing testimony of the reality and the divinity of Jesus Christ in all the world.”

—Elder David A. Bednar

Happiness in Family LifeLearn how the teachings of Jesus Christ provide a foundation for happy families.

Love ya!
Onnie