Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Turkey Day

November 29, 2010

Dad writes (and Skylar replies)


How was your Thanksgiving? IT WAS GOOD.. BUT IT WAS JUST US AND OUR WARD MISSION LEADER AND ONE LESS ACTIVE MEMBER. AND WE ALL WERE SICK.. ME AND ELDER BEAN HAVE BEEN AT THE APT. ALL WEEKEND. NOT FUN. WE PLAYED ALLOT OF MONOPOLY AMD POOHEAD. ITS A MISSIONARY CARDGAME.

We had Grandma,Pa,Steve,Angela and her daughter Kaity over for dinner and games.SOUND LIKE A REALY GOOD TIME

Steve is engaged and getting a new trailer on more land. GOOD FOR HIM!!

We got your letter and the SD card. The SD had almost wore threw the envelope.might want to double the envelopes when sending them. OK WILL DO

The pics were great and we loved the video.I HOPED THAT YOU WOULD

How are you liking the change of seasons? Not AZ winters HuH. UMM NOT REALY.. ITS SO COLD. I SAW SNOW!!!! AND NOT NICE SNOW.. IT WAS 35 ALL LAST WEEK.

How is your hand are you almost healed now. And did you get your crown on your tooth yet. Is it better now? NO I DO THAT TOMORROW. AND THE HAND IS FINE NOW IT JUST WILL BE AHILE BEFORE THE SKIN COMES BACK ALL THE WAY.

That is great that you have the temple stuff committed to memory and the other things to.
Are you reading alot and what are you reading.
I AM JUST WORKING ON MASTERING THE PREACH MY GOSPEL LESSONS.

Mom is getting a box together to send before Christmas, anything you need added to it. We will send it out after the 14th if that will be better. REACHARGABLE BATTERIES WOULD BE REALLY HEALPFUL BUT NOT VITAL. UMM. OH YA. MY BUGET PLANNING HAS BEEN ALL OF WITH TRANSFERS. COMMING UP. I HAD TO TO THE BIG SHOPPING DAY WITH THE REST OF THE CHASE CARD. AND HAD TO USE OURS TODAY. AND I GOT SOME CASH BACK.


I think that it is Awsome that your Pres. Has confidence in your leadership abilities and Knows you can get Elder Bean on the the right track.
How is the new coat working out, better I hope?
IT IS GREAT. IT KEEPS ME DRY FOR SURE.

Good Idea to use your shoes that way, I'm sure winter is going to be hard on them. Keep them waterproofed and let them dry out as much as you can. The work must go on.
A nutria, that's cool I Know they are rodents but I think its cool anyway's. I had just watched a monster qwest that talked about them.
How was the person you were baptizing when you got scalded, were the burned?
NO THEY DIDN'T GET IN. I MADE SURE OF THAT

How many have you Baptized now? THIS MAKES 2

What is your favorite time of the day? UMM. I LOVE STUDIES AND ALSO 1015 WHEN WE DO QUIET TIME FOR PRAYERS BEFORE BED.

Any new foods that you like? UMM. I HAVE BEEN REALLY LIKEING RICE. MAYBE THATS BECAUS ITS WAY CHEEP. haha

What is your favorite scripture or Quote? umm. buhold if men come unto me i will show unto them there weakness, i give unto man weakness that they may be humble,for if they come unto me and have faith in me, then will i make weak things become strong unto them.

Is the egg experiment the one that you put the egg on a bottle with a candle burning inside? ya but elder bean did it with lighter fluid.

Both Pres and Sister Dyches sounds really nice.
How is the typing going are you getting faster.
I like that the computer has spell check, It's a must when I write. Now if it would just dictate. haha. i think that i am getting a little faster.

Well I hope that you Get transferred to a more remote area so that the wild life updates come in a little more often and you go were there is alot of people waiting to
Hear the message.
ya i hope i go to the shore the next transfer too.

Hope you have a great week with many opportunity. thanks i hope all gos well for the store too. sorry theres not much to report this week. im just still working on getting better.

Love you, and its to soon to get trunky so get back to work. will do. six months next week!!!!


Love Dad


November 29, 2010

Onnie writes: (and Skylar replies)


HI!

How are you? How has your week been? I hope things are going good for you.

Things here have been very chilly. We've had a cold snap, and for AZ it's been way cold. I don't like it, but I try to remember we still have it warmer than others. Thanksgiving was good. It was a quiet holiday for us this year. We went to the Slade's and had the feast. It was a nice day. Scott just went on an elk hunt with his business partner, Mark who got a big 2 pointer. So that was exciting for them. I don't know if I've mentioned my primary class. I have 13 four and five year olds. It's a fun time! We are learning the names and faces of the first presidency and the quorum of the 12. They are so smart! I can't believe how quick they are catching on. My kids are doing well. I think we are all healthy now, crossing my fingers!


i guess its just that time for everyone because i just got sick too. i have been inside all weekend. trying to get better..

Okay, some questions for you:

How was Turkey Day?
it was kind of a dud. the invitation dinner at the ward mission leader house dident go like we planned. only one person showed up.

What are the mission rules for Thanksgiving? have fun and stay safe.

How is the bike situation? i got one from a member. im just spending a little on it for repairs here and there. but i dont plan on spending much on it it will get me by.

Who is your favorite person in the ward to visit? umm. the ward mission leader. he is way chill and hes 22. and bro moore. he takes us for test drives in bmws.

Any wildlife encounters now that the weather is getting colder? it is way freezing.... like 40s and 30s

If you could visit any one historical religious spot for a day, where would you go? um. zarahemla would be sweet.


Okay, now for the quote! Are you ready? Here it is:
"Each of us will face trials and tests, and . . . it is how we react to those difficulties that will determine our success and happiness. Each of us will face adversity no matter where we are. We are taught in the scriptures that there 'must needs be . . . an opposition in all things' (2 Nephi 2:11). We will each face times of difficulty, and the question is not when we will face them but how we face them."

James B. Martino

We love you and hope you have a great week!
love you guys!!!

Onnie