Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

I am SO sorry. I know you guys get e-mails outside of the blog but I really need to get better at keeping this thing up to date.



I will do my best to catch everyone up. I also have a couple of videos he sent...if I can remember how to post them I'll add them too.



Grab a snack and a drink cuz this baby is gonna be LONG!


K- here we go!


November 22, 2010

Dad writes: (and Skylar replies)

How are things going? GOODISH.... BUT UGGGGGGGGGG..............
Sorry to hear about you bike, but how nice to have good members to help you out when you need it. How is the new bike better than the old one? ITS NOT... ITS BRIGHT YELLOW..SLOW..BUT IT GETS ME FROM A TO B. I HOPE I GO TO THE CAR AREA. BUT I JUST STOPED THINKING AND JUST RIDE IT. FOCUS ON THE WORK. I GUESS THE LORD HAS SOME LESSON IN THIS. I AM SUPER MAD AT ELDER HUMANN. (THE ELDER WHO GOT MY BIKE STOLEN BY NOT LOCKING IT UP.) BUT I FORGAVE HIM... IT WAS SO HARD!!! BUT I THINK THERE IS SOME GOOD ADVICE FOR MISSIONARIES... DONT BY NICE STUFF... GET ONE NICE SUIT FOR MEETINGS AND GET DI SHOES SLACKS AND SUITS. I NEVER WEAR SUIT JAKETS.. JUST SLACKSAND MY RAIN COAT. I AM SAVING MY SOES FOR LATER BECAUSE I GOT A PAIR AT GOOD WILL FOR 6 BUCKS!! SO I JUST WEAR THEM UNTIL THEY ARE NO GOOD. GET WORK PANTS THAT ARE BLACK AND GET ATHLETIC SOCKS NOT DRESS ONES..
It was nice to get pics and know that your doing well. I think that the lord is watching out for you, and what a blessing it is to be in an area that you have
Great member support.
It is rainy and overcast here today but I'm sure that it's your everyday weather there. I kind of like it for a day or two.
YA ITS BEEN LIKE 40 ALL WEEK. WE ARE SOPPOSED TO GET SOME SNOW TODAY.. LIKE ALLOT.
How is the work going there, any new prospects or even old ones that might be more ready?TRINI SEEMS TO BE MOVING ALONG.. BUT DAWNA IS STILL HAVING TROUBLE QUITTING SMOKING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HER..
So with the new bike being yellow, are you naming it lightning, and hoping that lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place?HAHAH NO I NAMED IT THE BANNANA BOAT
How is Elder Bean he looks go in the pic, Kylee said you look like a fatty but you look the same to me. Kylee thinks everyone is a fatty so don't let it bother you.I AM BECOMING A FATTY HARDCORE.
Your Grandparents are still a mess, Grandma is still having a problem with her knee and kidneys, and pa has a kidney stone the will have to blast out on Wednesday.OH GEEZE.... THEY SEEM TO BE PHISICALY SCREWED.... I PUT HER ON THE PRAYER ROLL WHEN WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE THOUGH!!!! AND I FINALY MEMORIZED ALL MY STUFF FOR THE TEMPLE!
Kasey went to the grinch that stole Christmas with Onnie and Scott, She liked it alot.
The store is almost ready to go so I can rest alittle easier.
What Does it smell like outside right now.
OIL.WATER..... COLD.. ITS A WASTLAND OUT THERE RIGHT NOW. AND MY RAIN COAT IS FAILING IN THE HEVY COLD RAIN.
Are people in that area thinking that it is going to be a cold winter? YES ITS SOPPOSED TO BE REALLY BAD.. NOT DANGEROUS. BUT LIKE NO CARS DRIVING AROUND.
We are all doing well here and I think that we are being blessed everyday by your service.
Are lesson in Gospel Doc. Was on missionary work and how the lord write things on our hearts and we can't deny what we feel.
What a awsome responsibility that you have right now to make sure that those that are ready will hear it.
Are things going better with Elder Bean?
NOT REALLY. BUT WE GET ALONG WELL ENOUGH.. I GOT A NERF GUN THAT I CAN SHOOT HIM WITH FROM THE DESK WHEN HE SLEEPS DURING STUDIES.. AHAHAH. KIND OF LIKE THE BLASTER THAT I USED ON MOM.
Are you in need of anything? UMM. YES BUT I FORGOT WHAT... I GUESS I DIDENT NEED IT THAT BAD.
Are you eating? YES.. SO MUCH... 2 MUCH....
How are the cloths holding up? VERY WELL. I AM JUST WEARING THE DI SLACKS EVERY DAY AND THEY DO GREAT.
Keep giving us idea to give out for Christmas. BLACK DRESS BELT. PHASE 10.
Any wildlife sightings? I SAW A NUTRIA.. ITS LIKE A BEVER WITH A RAT TAIL. ELDER BUROUGHS HIT ONE..
Thank Sister Montes for the email and for feeding our boy. SURE.. SHES WAY SWEET. I LOVE THEM.
Mom says to get a lock for your bike and not to make it to nice, so they won't want it. THATS HOW MINE WAS!!! I SPRAYPAINTED IT HALF BLACK AND WHITE WITH GREY PACHES. AND IT WAS ON EXCHANGES THAT IT GOT STOLEN AND THE MISSIONARY DID NOT LOCK IT UP. BUT I HAVE A LOCK THAT WILL WORK FOR NOW. BUT I WILL NEED A NICER ONE IF I GO TO SOUTHEAST PORTLAND.. ITIS THE BIKE THEFT CAPITOL!!
She got the box that you sent home. COOL.. MAKE SURE THAT HOWELL GETS THE DVDS TO SHOW THE YOUNG MEN AFTER YOU WACH THEM. THEY SHOW REALY WELL WHAT I AM DOING. YOU SHOULD WACH THEM. THEY ARE SET UP LIKE TV SHOWS.
Well I better get going my Boss is hard to work for and she hates it if I'm late, Have a great week and I'll
Talk to you soon, love you buddy
HAHAAHAH.


LOVE YOU DAD.... AND I GUESS MOM... IF I HAVE TO HAHAHA JK
Love Dad, And Mom I Guess



November 22, 2010



Onnie writes: (and Skylar replies)



Hi!

Did you get my email last week? I didn't hear from you--are you punishing me? Have I been bad? :)

I hope you are doing well. I've noticed that it's pretty chilly up in your area. I hope you are keeping warm!!!

Things here have been pretty good. We are all still recovering from all of our sicknesses. YUCK! Yesterday we went to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was fun. Kasey went with us. You can see a pic on our blog. Other than that we are gearing up for the Thanksgiving week. Casen has a big Thanksgiving play this week. His part and the songs are so cute. He is the preacher and says "Praise the Lord!" I'll let you know how it goes!

Well, I'll spare you the questions this week, since you have not answered last weeks yet. I pasted last weeks email below--so get on that, would ya?

Here is your quote for this week!
"Unless the roots of your testimony are firmly planted, it will be difficult for you to withstand the ridicule of those who challenge your faith."
~Thomas S Monson

Happy Thanksgiving. We love you--and don't eat too much Turkey!

Onnie


Hello Skylar!




How are you doing? How are things in OR? I hope you are doing well.



Things here are going all right. Kaelyn has been so sick and Scott has a little surgical procedure on Friday. I think everyone is on the mend now--at least I hope so. Kelsey and Casen are playing soccer and we watched their games on Saturday. They are so funny to watch. We also had Stake conference this weekend. I was able to go to our adult session--which was very good, but I had to miss Sunday because Kaelyn was not well. Uncle Scott had to preside over the Spanish meeting and translate all of the opening and business for those members. Then he listened to the entire meeting in Spanish (it was a broadcast). I think he really enjoyed it. It was good practice for him too!



Questions for this week:



How are things with your comp?
we get along well enough....

Where are you studying in the scriptures now? i am reading in 2 ne. ch 5. and just learning about the prophets..

Do you have any baptisms scheduled? not any that i am anticipating to go through. but i hope 2

How often do you wash your sheets and other bedding? Do you have flannel ones?

Flu season is coming--are you practicing good hand washing techniques? yes i am. its 2 cold for the flew to survive hahaha

What did you have for dinner last night? ummm...... ham and potatos.

When do you get to visit the temple again? not until march.

Have you looked at our blog? I HAVE NOT I GUESS I CAN ONLY DO IT IF I AM SENT A LINK.. RULES ARE WEIRD SOMETIMES. HAHA

(sorry to bug about this, but I want to make sure you get them--did the thermal garments get to you yet?)





Okay, well here is the quote for this week (Are you writing these down?) I really love this one:

“The Lord knows who we really are, what we really think, what we really do, and who we really are becoming.”

David A. Bednar

Have a great week! We love you!

Onnie

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!