Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

December 20, 2010

Dad writes: (Skylar replies)

How is the new area? new areas busy.. theres lots of work..
How is the new companion? funny. hes a farmer.. and let me be the best i can..
Are you doing ok? um the last place i want to be is home.. i am so not ready to go back to the real world yet.mm. ya.. just stressed and having a small trunkyish confused stage..


I forgot to put a calling card in the boxes we sent you so , can you run and buy one?
What's the new place like, is it still on a bike or are you in a car now. IT HAS LOTS OF HILLS
Are you getting packages from uncle Vaughn, he just wants to know your getting them, you should let me know each week so that it will be posted in the blog so
Every one knows that your getting the things they are sending.
How is the weather up there right now it's been a little cloudy here.ITS SNOWING MORE AND MORE.. BUT THE COAT HOLDS UP.. TELL FUTURE MISSIONARIES. COLOMBIA IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS..
Do you know what the plan is for Christmas yet?JUST PHONE CALLS.. AND DINNER.. BUT THATS IT.
Who is the bishop in your new ward. BISIOP KELLY. I NEED TO BUILD HIS TRUST BEFORE WE ASK FOR REFERALS THOUGH.
Are you closer to the temple, how far away from you old area are you. WE USED TO BE AN HOUR AWAY BUT NOW WE ARE ABOUT 30 MINUETS.
What is around were you are, is the new gift cards that you could use. UMM. THERE REALY ISENT ANYTHING..IM SORRY...
Take lots of pics, what is the area like lots of trees, mountains, Big city-give me the run down.
Are you eating well? YES.. I DONT EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH I AM GAINING...
Has the work picked up and are you feeling the spirit? I AM WORKING ON FEELING THE SPIRIT AND THE WORK IS BOOMING
I'm glad that, you will be getting girl mail again, but lets stay focused.haahaa CAN DO.. HAHA
We sent out three boxes this weekend so I hope they all make it there, just keep your eyes out for them. I WILL
Do you have any prospects yet, or follow ups from elder Harris. NO I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW BIG OUR TEACHING BOOK IS, I JUST GOT A PLANNER..
Give me the run down on Elder Harris, Where is he from , hobbies, so on and so on. HE IS FROM GRACE IDAHO. HE LIVED ON A RANCH AND THATS ALL HE DID.. HAHAH. AND HES OBEDIANT.. HUGHE PLUS
Well I'm going to send this so that I don't miss you,
I'll write more, and send it.

Love you, have a great week
Dad

(then Dad sends another email)

So what else is going on?
UMM. FUNNY STORY. I LIVE NEXT TO A STRIP CLUB.. ITS WEIRD.. BUT I LOVE PORTLAND. WE HAVE A COOL WARD.. BUT EVERYTHING IS ON A HILL AND I AM SO WET AND COLD.. WE ARE TEACHING ALOT THOUGH WICH IS A GOOD THING. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TRYING TO REFOCUS MYSELF.. I KEEP HAVING THESE NIGHTMARES THAT I AM BACK AT HOME AND I HAVENT LEARED EVERYTHING I WANTED TO YET. ITS BEEN HAPPENING FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW..
Have you ajusted to the change yet or are you still getting in the groove? STILL GETTING INTO IT.. I AM JUST A MENTAL MESS RIGHT NOW.
have you made any new freinds there yet? NOT YET.. BUT I LIKE THE DISTRICT.. THEY ARE A DEFFINETLY A DIFFERENT BREED ON MISSIONARY. SO I WAS LOOKING THROUGH MY CLOSET AND FOUND A SUIT THAT FITS. SOME NICE TIES..


any cool members that you've ran into yet?YA A FEW.. I AM WORKING ON REBUILDING THE WARDS TRUST. THEY ARE STILL GETING OVER A BAD TASTE FROM SOME BAD ELDERS THAT THEY HAD..
Did you get to bring the banana boat? YES... I HATE IT WITH FIARY PASSION... BUT IT DOES THE JOB..
how are snacks holding up? do you need more?I HAVE NO SNACKS.. CHEEZITS AND OREOS ARE CHOICE.. AND BOXES OF CEREAL.. HAHAH
Is there anything you need.UMM. NOT REALY.. BUT MY MISSION CARD IS HAVING PROBLEMS.. IT LIKES TO JUST STOP WORKING AT TIMES. IDK WHATS UP.. I GUESS THE LORD SEES FIT TO TRY ME IN ALL THINGS.
Are you getting, lots of boxes? UM.. I GOT A FUNNY ONE FROM ONNIE.. AND I GOT SOME AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY.. BUT NOT REALY YET.. I WILL SEE THOUGH.
Who writes regularly? SUZIE SULLIVEN..............AND ONNIE AND SCOTT
I know lots of ? but I just trying to keep up.
Well Hope you have a good week and a Merry Christmas, let me know when you will be able to call and I'll get everyone here. Will be gr8 to hear you voice
and get caught up. hope you are doing well and I'll try to be around when you email today to send a quick warning that you on and I'll keep checking.
Love ya buddy, Dad
LOVE YOU!!!!



(some of the email got overlapped so the only thing new in there was about the package that Skylar sent home.....)

He says:

like i said before...izz not mauch... but izz a somfing..... and the wallet and shirt is for kylee and kaseys cd has a flower card inside that she can plant. and you and dads is obvious.. the other stuff is for the family..

December 20, 2010

Onnie writes:

I love this kid...

Hi Nephew! Countdown to Christmas! Woo Hoo. I hope you've been good... :) We put your gift in the mail so when you get a little box from us this week be sure to put it under your tree for Saturday! I hope you are doing well, and that you are feeling well too.

Some questions:

How's life with the new companion?
it is good. he is obediant and hard working.. (but i could use a motivational obediance and dilligence shpeal from a RM hint hint....your hubby)
How many scriptures do you have memorized now? 125 BAYYYYYBYYYYYY
Did you get our pre-Christmas package? haha yes. it was funny.. and i actualy use the purse.. and the bottle of perfume was sprayed on ever missionary in my district..

(k Onnie has absolutely no clue what Skylar is talking about. There was a Betty Boop purse with purfume in it. It wasn't from anybody at her house......absolutely NO CLUE how it got in the box! Weird right????)

What did you eat this morning for breakfast? cereal!!!!
Do you wear two pairs of socks everyday to keep your feet warm? no just thermals.. They Rock!!!!
What will you do on Christmas day? call home.. and then work
What is your Christmas wish this year? to have the streanth to be 100% obediant and to find the true joy in the work.
Okay, completely random question. Scott is sitting next to me and wants to know if you are growing chest hair (apparently he did on his mission)? yesss!!! odly enough... funny he should ask.. and its inconvinent.. dang puberty..

We are so excited to talk to you on Christmas day and we hope you know that we love you and miss you. Being away from home at the holidays can be so hard, but just know that you are EXACTLY where you need to be. And the blessings you (and your family) are receiving will be far greater than you can even imagine--way better than eating pasta salad and opening presents with us here in AZ :). I have said this before, but I feel prompted to tell you again that Scott's faithful service as a missionary in Venezuela blesses our family each and every day--even 14 years later. Amazing. The Lord loves us so much that He will continue to bless us for our service long after the deeds have been done. We are so lucky.

Keep up the good work. Love you!
LOVE YOU ALL> MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Onnie

A Christmas quote for you:
"We who have heard the glorious message of the coming of the Son of God, we who have taken upon us His name and have covenanted to walk in His path as His disciples—we must not fail to open our hearts and minds and truly see Him. The Christmas season is wonderful in many ways. It is a season of charitable acts of kindness and brotherly love. It is a season of being more reflective about our own lives and about the many blessings that are ours. It is a season of forgiving and being forgiven. It is a season to enjoy the music and lights, parties and presents. But the glitter of the season should never dim our sight and prevent us from truly seeing the Prince of Peace in His majesty."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf