Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

I really need to get better at posting.....sorry!
Grab a snack and have a seat. This is gonna be LONG!!!!!

Here we go!

January 3, 2011

Dad writes: (Skylar replies)

Waz up, no mail for the dad last week, I can't believe it. Do you see the tears.
How was your week, and your New years?
YA WE PLAYED GAMES AT THE CHURCH.. IT WAS FUN. WE PLAYED SARDIENS. ITS LIKE HIDE AND SEEK BUT BACKWARDS. WE HAVE AN OLD BUILDING SO THERE ARE ALLOT OF PLACES TO HIDE.
Do you have any Goals for the new year or something that you didn't do last year.YES!! TO WORK HARDER AND MAKE SURE THAT I DO NOT WASTE A SECOND OF MY MISSION.. THAT IS A REAL STRUGGLE THAT I HAVE.. I KEEP HAVING THOSE NIGHTMARES THAT MY MISSION IS OVER. THEY SCARE ME ALLOT. SO THATS WHAT I THINK THEY MEAN
I think I'm going to try to get in better shape this year and read my scriptures more regularly. I KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE BLESSED!!
We just started the new testiment but I think I'm going to reread the book of Mormon. THATS THE WAY TO GO... PRESIDENT PACER ONCE SAID TO A 70 WHO ASKED HIM ABOUT THE ATONEMENT. HE SAID"READ THE BOM AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS AND WRITE A PAGE ESSAY ABOUT THE ATONEMENT""THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND"
It was freezing here last week and we had snow flakes in Mesa, snow in Globe and the Superstitions. YA I GOT SNOWED ON. IT IS 27 TODAY. I HATE MY LIFE. THERMAL GARMET BOTTEMS WOULD BE SWEET!!
How are things go with Elder Harris? WE ARE GETTING DONE WITH EACHOTHER. WE WORK GOOD. BUT HES VERY.. "THIS IS THE WAY I LIKE IT DONE SO THIS IS HOW ITS GOING TO BE"
Do you have any prospects? YES 2. ONE OF THEM WE MET AT DINNER. SHE IS THE BIO-MOM OF 2 KIDS IN THE WARD WHOS FOSTER PARENTS ARE MEMBERS. SHE ASKED US WHAT SHE NEEDED TO BECOME A MEMBER.. I WAS STOKED!! THE OTHER IS A MEXICAN.. HE SAID THAT HE REALY LIKES WHAT WE SAID AT THE DOOR.
How is the weather there it looked dry but cold. 27 AND RAINY. CLAR TODAY THOUGH..
Moms happy we stay at 11:00 for church this year and that's good for our family. YA OURS IS THEN TOO. BUT I AM STILL UP AT 615 AND AT THE CHURCH BY 9 FOR MEETINGS
It is going to be a good year I just Know it.
I'm glad to be done with 2010, it was a trying year.
How are you doing on Snacks, anything you need us to send you.
SNACKS ARE GOOD. I GOT LIKE 12 CRISTMAS COOKIE PLATES.


What is going on in your new ward. Do they have a good Scouting program? IDK.. WE DONT GET INVOLVED WITH SCOUTS.. BUT A SISTER HAD AN ASMA ATACK IN SACRAMENT. ME AND MY COMP LOOKED AT EACHOTHER AND BOTH GOT UP AND GAVE HER A BLESSING THAT SHE WOULD BE OK UNTIL THE AMBULENCE GOT THERE. SHE DIDDENT LOOK TO GOOD. BUT I GUESS THAT SHE IS STABLE NOW
I found you a couple of wide ties that I think you'll like, I'll get them in the next box we send out. SWEET!! THANKS
what's around you, any cool sights. YA WE ARE GOING DOWNTOWN TODAY TO SEE THE SIGHTS WITH FLAT KASEY.
Are there any new animal sightings. NO NOTHIG COOL UP HERE
Any new scriptures to share, that might have touched you. UM.. THE CHASTENETH HIM WHO HE LOVETH.. HEBREWS 10:2 OR 3ISH
Your Mom still wants pics,and make sure you send your stocking home so Santa can fill it next year. WILL DO. I AM ALSO SENDING HOME A GIFT I GOT FROM A DEPARTING MISSIONARY. HE SAID NOT TO LOOK AT IT UNTIL I GO HOME.. SO IM SENDING IT THERE.. SO JUST PUT THE BOX WITH THE REST OF MY STUFF AND I WILL HAVE A 21ST BIRTHDAY PRESENT WAITING. HAHHA

What does your new place look like is it nicer than your last. UM I DONT THINKS SO. BUT I WILL SEND YOU A VIDIO
Is your companion trunky yet, does he have plans for after his mission?YA HE IS DONE.. I HOPE I GET SOMEONE YOUNGER NEXT TIME. HE JUST IS GOING TO WORK ON THE RANCH.
You said your talking to Bo, is he doing well? HES DOING OK. IT SOUNDS LIKE HES STILL WORKING ON THINGS. BUT HE SOUNDS GOOD.
How is flat Kasey going? Is there a dead line for getting them back to class? I AM TAKING SOME PICS TODAY AND SSHE WILL BE IN THE MAIL TOMORO
We are all doing well here and it will be better when the store starts showing a prophet.YA I THINK THE STORE WOULD BE BETTER IF PRESIDENT MONSEN WENT IN THERE. (BUT I THINK YOU MENT "PROFIT") HAHA.
Is there anything that you need? Let us know JUST THERMAL GARMETS. THANK YOU. OH AND MY STICKERS FOR ME AND SOME FOR BO.. THATS A BIG ADRESS TO WRITE EVERY TIME. ALSO ADRESS LIST OF PEOPLE IN THE FAM. I NEED GRAMA PAT. AUNT PAT. ALL OUR U-TARDS.. AND STUFF.
Have a good week love you and I'll talk to you soon.
Love Dad
LOVE YOU!! LET ME KNOW HOW THE DUCKS DO IN THE BCS BOUL!! GO DUCKS!!



Skylar then apologizes for no letter......


I dident see an email from you so i figured that you guys were satisfied by the phone call. hahah.


Onnie writes: (Skylar replies)



Hello You!

How are you doing? Are you staying warm and dry? It looks like it's been cold, cold, cold there. It's be really chilly here too. Globe got about 6 inches of snow! And it froze hard at our house. Plus lots of rain for AZ. I'm not liking it much!

We had a pretty good week. I hurt my back and had to spend a few days recovering, then we had a big New Years party with the Slade's. It was fun, and I'm glad that it's done now. Kelsey is back to school today and Casen is back to preschool tomorrow--hallelujah!! Scott had a quiet few weeks, which is nice for us around the holidays.

I've attached some info for you here. I don't know if you will want a paper copy of it or not, so I'll print it and put it in the mail too. It's just some things that might help you out a bit.

Okay a few questions for you!!!

How was New Years, did you do anything fun?
WE PLAYED GAMES AT THE CHURCH WITH SOME OTHER MISSIONARIES
How are things going with your comp?
THEY ARE GOING GOOD BUT WE ARE HAVING ONE OF THE DOWN TIMES RIGHT NOW.
Any goals for 2011?
WORK!! WORK!! WORK!!
What is your new apartment like?
IT IS NICER. GOOD HEATER!!
Are you still riding a bike? --What happens when the weather is bad--do you walk instead?
wE RIDE ALL THE TIME
What will you do for p-day today?
DOWNTOWN PORTLAND!!
Okay, now a quote for you:
"Our understanding of and faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ will provide strength and capacity needed for a successful life."
~Richard G. Scott

Have a great week! We love you!
Onnie