Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

k - I seriously have to start sending an email on Sunday evening....we seem to keep missing him....


Skylar writes:

NO EMAIL??? OK
WELL THIS WEEK HAS GONE... WELL ITS GONE.. I WAS SICK FOR A WHILE WITH WHATEVER IS GOING AROUND AND MY EYES ARE REALLY START IN TO BUG ME.. THEY BURN ALL THE TIME. I DONT KNOW IF ITS A VISION THING.. .. OR A CRONIC DRY EYES THING.. BUT IT STINKS BIG TIME.
BUT IT WAS SUNNY MOST OF THE WEEK AND I HAD ALLOT OF TIME TO THING ABOUT THINGS.. I HAVE HAD REALY GOOD STUDIES AND THOUHGT ABOUT WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE.. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT LIVING IN CALIFORNIA.. IT IS REALY EXPENSIVE.. BUT I WILL FIGURE ALL THAT OUT WHEN I GO HOME..
i LOVE SERVING AND SEEING MYSELF CHANGE.. i AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER THOUGH.. THINGS ARE NEVER GOOD ENOUGH.. ALLWAYS GOT TO WORK OUT KINKS TO GET IT WORKING RIGHT.. HAHA
WELL THATS MOSTLY IT FOR THE WEEK.. NOTHING BIG HAPPEND.. JUST LOOKING FOR INVESTIGATORS... LOVE YOU AND SEE YOU LATER!

Mom writes: (too late, again!)




Hiddey ho!

sooooo....WHATcha doin'.......

I see that your temp for today is like 75. We're doin a toasty 115.....brrrr.....this is the time of year that all that rain and snow seems worth it huh?

So....we went to our new ward yesterday...hmmm...a ward is what you make of it.....it's small....and a LOT of old people.....a few young families.....there are 3 laurels.....and 5 kids in Kasey's class. There were 12 women in relief society and I couldn't help but contemplate life as I see these women all hunched over with their oxygen. oh man....this is gonna be intertesting.

One of the ward missionaries is Elder Lichtenstein......wonder if he's from Gelderland?
(ya ever seen A Knights Tale?) THE WARD MISSIONARIES?? OR THE FULL TIME ELDERS? (ya...that's what I meant)

Kevin's homecoming is Wednesday. (He's been serving in Brazil) He sounds great....it'll be good to see him....and the Makers of Shoes.... I CANT BELIVE HES HOME!

Let's see....what else?

I put some pics on an SD card for you....there's not a lot....what do you want pics of?
ANYTHING REALY.. PEOPLE THE HOUSE..

Is Collect the Elect the mission theme....or was it just that one area? Will the theme change when the new Pres comes in??? IT WAS A PROGRAM.. AND I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL CHANGE OR NOT

Kylee says.....you're a loser......(cuz you don't respond to her emails)...(she says....no biggie it's whatever, not like I'm your sister or anything) yup UMM. I DEFINITLY HAVENT GOT AN EMAIL FROM HER.. AND SHE NEVER WANT TO HEAR OR TALK ABOUT CHURCH THINGS..... THERE GOES MOST OF THE STUFF I TALK ABOUT ALL DAY... SHE DOSENT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT I LIKE.... UNDERSTANDABLE... AND SHE WONT GIVE ME MORE THAN A ONE WORD ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION I ASK..... I WOULD LOVE TO TALK WITH HER BUT ITS LIKE TALKING TO A WALL.. SHE HAS TO GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GO OFF OF. (Yay! It's like he never left home!!!!! OMG! Will they ever stop fighting???)
Kasey says......did you sell the rock band p.s. i love you NO.. ITS IN MY BOXES.. AND IF SHE GETS THE MIC I HAVE IT FOR XBOX.. SO SHE CAN PLAY IT WITHOUT HOOKING EVERYTHING UP.. AND IF YOU GET INTO MY BOX WOULD YOU SEND ME MY RUNNING SHOES AND HOODIE.. THEN I COULD ELLIMINATE ANY EXCUSE NOT TO RUN..

ummmm.....

you doin' ok? Grandma Pat said she sent some Melatonin....and that she hasn't received a thank you yet for the box...she didn't ask...I asked her....
(Gotta teach this kid to write thank yous!!!)I AM ON IT LIKE BLUE BONNET!! IM JUST FINDING TIME TO WRITE IT.

welll....life is boring around here......seems like we're at a new point in life....so guess we'll see where we go. YA I HOPE THE STORE GOES WELL.. I WILL DEFINITLY NEED YOUR HELP WHEN I OPEN MY STUDIO.. THATS A HEADACHE IN ITSELF.. I KNOW I SHOULDENT FOCUS ON IT.. BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT IS.. IT STILL ON THE LIST OF THINGS THAT NEEDS TO GET DONE..

We got free tickets to go to that sea life park thing at AZ Mills....so dad's all jazzed....the rest of us....nah so mush.....but it will be a good family day....

sorry this is all scattered....kinda like my ADD brain...everyone keeps coming in the room saying "Let's go!".....so fine....

have a great P day with your new BFF! :D

mommy doesn't love you.....well you're "real" mom probibly does....

HAHA// LOVE YOU!! LET ME KNOW WHEN THE LETTER GETS THERE! I WASENT FORGETTING FATHERS DAY! IM JUST BEHIND.. LIKE MOTHER LIKE SON!



Onnie writes:

Hi!

We didn't hear from you last week! Hope you are doing well.

It is HOT here in AZ. I think the temp yesterday got to 114. We spent a while in the neighbors pool. The kids LOVE that. Kelsey reminds me of you and Kylee at her age. She is a fish. And Casen is getting to be a good little swimmer too! It was a very busy week. We had dr.'s appts, and a million other things going on. Man, I'm glad this week looks to be less busy. Business is really keeping Scott on his toes. he is looking forward to the long weekend coming up.

Well, since you didn't answer last week's questions, here they are plus a few extra...

Did you get transferred?
NOPE.. STILL IN HILLSBORO
How are you getting along with the comp? WE ARE GETTING ALONG GREAT! WE ARGUE ALLOT BUT IT USUALY IS JUST ON A INTILECTUAL LEVEL
I saw on the news that there was a big nude bike ride in the Portland area last week--were you on apartment lock down that day? 'Cause I'm sure you two fine elders didn't participate in that... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!! I CAME IN 3RD.. NO I DIDENT EVEN KNOW THAT IT WAS HAPPENING
Are you eating at members homes each night? YUP
Any luck with new investigators? NO.. STILL JUST DOIN ALLOT OG FINDING
How is the singing going in church? PRETY GOOD.. I AM JUST WORKING ON GETTING MY RANGE GOING HIGHER
How long do you have to email on p-day? WE ARE ONLY SOPOSED TO TAKE AN HOUR
How often do you go to the grocery store? EVER WEEK.. UNLESS WE ARE OUT OF MONEY. THEN WE JUST EAT THE RAMEN WE GOT AT THE BEGGINING OF THE MONTH
Grandma wants to know if you got her b-day card yet? (it wasn't in the box we sent) YES I GOT IT.
If you were allowed to watch one day of the creation of the world, which day would you want to see? THE CREATION ON LIGHT.. I THINK THERES ALLOT TO BE FOUND DOCTRINALY THERE.

Now a quote. Thought as a missionary you could really appreciate this one:
“Our leaders have consistently counseled us ‘to live with respect and appreciation for those not of our faith. There is so great a need for civility and mutual respect among those of differing beliefs and philosophies’ (Gordon B. Hinckley, “This Is the Work of the Master,” Ensign, May 1995, 71).
“It is equally important that we be loving and kind to members of our own faith, regardless of their level of commitment or activity.”
~Quentin L. Cook

Well, I better be on my way. I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard. Eeek.

Love ya!
Onnie