Monday, June 6, 2011

Transfers

May 30, 2011

Dad writes:

How was your week?
Are you ready for another Birthday? You know that they get here faster and faster the older you get, so you know at my age it seems like it's always my birthday.
You know it doesn't seem that long ago we were playing PieRats and you were jumping around in your feetsy PJs and playing your guitar. We'll time never stands still
And all we get to keep all those memories and the Knowledge that we obtain.
How are things going, with the work, any new prospects?
How are things going with the companion, still well I hope.
It still looks like you are getting rain and cool weather, it's been warm here but I wouldn't call it hot yet, not for this time of year.
Do you remember Tommy Gannon from the old ward? He's serving in Japan.
The ward should split soon and I think that I'm ready, we had pack meeting Thursday and the did a video thank you for me, of course I cried, you known me long?
Brody Yost got his arrow of light, He has grown so much, I remember when we had to give him his awards after pack meeting, so shy, the church and It's programs
Are amazing a building young men and you know how I feel about the scout program. It teaches us to do hard things, even the adults. You think I would have stood
in front of people and act like a goof if it weren't for the callings I have had in the church.
Well enough about my raves, any plans for the day?
Any new animal sightings?
Out a year, can you belive it?
So weird that we will be back in Utah at the same time, we dropped you of at the MTC.
Do you need anything?
How are you sleeping?
When is your next transfer?
Remember the fallen and all those who have sacrificed to keep this country free, What an amazing place and time to be on the earth, how blessed we are.
What are you reading now.
Well I better let you get on with your day, I have a fence to build and better get with it.
Have a great week and a Happy Birthday and I'll talk to you soon.
Love you

Dad

Skylar writes:

this week has been way good! i am glad that we survived transfers! we are staying here for another 6 weeks! shonefeld is way cool. we are going to do some singing practice today.. that and rest up for the week. we are going to tear it up this transfer. not much to report.. i had to get a fitted sheet and a toothbrush.. and i am going to be needing slacks for the summer. i found some that i like but i will get them later when i get some bday money.. it sounds like everything is going good at home. i love my flash drive it is sweet. i will send you guys some pics. and if you send me some i can save them. i am sleeping well and am eating well as well.. all is well. question though?? do i have a plaque. (all the missionaries have a plaque in the foyer at the church building) and if so what scripture is on it? i never remember giving one.. everything pre-mission is foggy. well boring week i guess. nothing to report. but i will talk to you guys later..
loves!!


Onnie writes:

Hi There!

Happy Memorial Day! How are you doing? Hope you have had a great week and that things are going well up there in the pacific northwest. Hey--you're turning 20 this week! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Things here are going well. We have had a pretty busy long weekend. Scott and I were called to attend girls camp with the 4th year girls (they have a different set of requirements than the other yw) so we headed up north on Saturday to take a look at where we could camp with them and where we could take them canoeing as well. It was a busy weekend to do that, but I think we found what we were looking for. My kids are officially out of school now--let the chaos begin! I hope we all survive the summer. Eeek!

Some questions for you:

Where do you check your email in this new area?
the church computers
How is the personal progress coming? it has been done and awarded for a month now!!
Are there any areas in your mission that are close to the ocean? ya.. we have astoria and seaside and long beach.
Is it still raining every day? yuppurs
How often do you vacuum? every week
Who inspects your apartment for cleanliness? the stake building rep.
Do you have to see a doctor for a check-up ever? nope.
If you could meet a general authority today who would you choose to meet? Holland

Now a quick quote:
"The Lord calls upon us to be beacons of righteousness to guide those who seek the safety and blessings of Zion."
~D. Todd Christofferson

We love you! Have a great week and enjoy your b-day!
Onnie

loves!!!!!!!!