Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Dad writes:
(Skylar replies)

How was Your Birthday? Did you get to eat cake? BIRTHDAY WAS GOOD. NO CAKE BUT I DID GO TO RED ROBINS FOR DINNER.. MY LOVING COMP. TOLD THE MEMBER THAT TOOK US THAT IS WAS MY 'BIRTHDSY AT THE RESTURAUNT.. AND HE HAD THE STAFF SING TO ME.. AND I GOT ICECREAM... IT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE MOST EMBARRASSING THING IN THE WORLD.. BUT IT WAS KIND OF FUN
How was your week, anything new to report? UMM........ SINGING IS GOING BETTER.. STILL NO GOOD WORK GOING ON. BUT WE ARE TRYING TO GET IT PICKING UP.. WETHER IS GETTING HOT.. I AM SUCH A WIMP FOR HEAT NOW..
We are all doing well here and are getting ready for the trip to Utah this week.
They released us form our callings and the Stake is going to do the ward realignments on fathers day, so I guess we will change wards then, and come to
The new ward, It starts at 8:00 am and you mom and sisters are not thrilled about it.
They will be adding a new ward to the stake and it looks like Castlegate will be split 3 ways.
How is the work going any new prospects?
NADA
Is the weather getting nicer there yet? It is getting hot here.
Do you have anything plan for to day, is it a cleaning day.
NOT REALY. THERES NOTHING TO CLEAN.. I GOT RID OF ALLOT OF STUFF I DIDENT NEED.. AND I AM JUST TRYING TO SIMPLIFY LIFE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
how's the bike and companion holding up, your not riding either one to hard I hope. HAHA. I LOVE IT.. GOOD BIKE AND COMP.. WE DONT EVER FIGHT.. NOT ONCE.. WE DEBATE ALL THE TIME BUT NOTHING AGGRESSIVE
When do you get a new pres. ? IN 4 WEEKS
Are you still eating well? VERY WELL!!
What is your favorite food right now. UM. I LOVE THESE SMOKED PORK SAMDWICHES FROM THE MEMBERS PORK SHOP!! 3 BUCKS GOR A MISSIONARY SIZED MEAL AT A SPECIAL MISSIONARY PRICE..
How was the trip to guitar center, are you still able to play and what's you favorite song. I AM PLAYING A FEW OF MY FAVORITE SONGS.. (JAMIE RAE, SHAMELESS, CURSE FO CURVES) FOR PLAYING AT GUITAR STORES..
Rush is coming back to town, but you mom won't go, so I'll pass until you get back.
Are you sleeping well?
YA/ BUT IM RUNNING OUT OF MELLOTONIN
Do you have any major concerns or is it all going well? UM.. SCARED THAT ITS ABOUT HALF OVER.. I AM SINGING THE TENOR PART IN WARD CHOIR. I AM SCARED BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE SINGING IT.
Grandma and Pa are leaving for Utah today and Onnie and Scott are Flying up on Wednesday. It will be fun to see family and to go to the temple.
What have you been doing with your spare time or is there any?
SINGING. THATS MY ONLY PASS TIME.. IN THE SHOWER. AT LUNCH. PDAY.. I AM GOING TO MAKE MY DREAM OF PLAYING ON WARPED TOUR COME TRUE.. NO MATER WHAT IT TAKES!! EXCEPT FOR MARRIGE AND EDUCATION. BUT THEY WORK WITH THE GOAL..
I built Levi and Lil a run and put in a doggy door so they can be home alone, the seem to be getting the hang of it again, It took Lil three days to poop in it.
The girls are doing good and Kylee is working alot, getting ready for the Utah trip and Trek.
OMG!! TREAK IS SO SWEET!! I
Well I hope you had a great birthday, Grandma called and sang Hatch a Bird egg to me for you, so I'm passing that along to you.
Love you and am glad that your out there doing what the lord would have you do at this point in your life I know that it will bring a lifetime of blessings to you
And all your family. Keep up the good work and I'll talk to you soon. Love ya buddy. Dad
LOVES!!!


Onnie writes:

Hello to you!

How are you? Did you have a good b-day? I attached a picture of Kaelyn, your "birthday twin" while we were singing to her. I think she had a great day. Hope you did too. Wow, you are coming up on one year this week--it's all downhill from here! Good for you.

Things here have been really good. Last week was a very busy week, and this one looks to be busy too. We are heading to SLC for Jentry's wedding this week. It should be really great. I'll try to remember and send you a pic. I had a great visit with your dad this past week, and the kids had fun with Kasey. I only got to see your mom and Kylee briefly, but all seemed well. The shop is darling, and it was BUSY when I was in there, so that's a great sign.

Okay, now for the drill:

Do you wear a hat or helmet when you are on your bike?
HELMAT ALL THE WAY The kids want to know if you have the pictures they drew for you hanging up? I HAVE THEM IN A FOLDER. I TRY NOT TO HANG UP TO MUCH STUFF..
The kids also want to know if you ring your bike bell often? IT IDOSENT GO ON THE ROAD BIKE.. IT AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE TAT ONE OUT

What did you have for dinner last night? ROAST BEEF AND POTATOS
Having been out one year, do you feel smarter than this time last year? I ACTUALY DO!!!
How is the singing going? PRETTY GOOD.. DO YOU TEACH THAT?? ANY TIPS? I AM BREATHING RIGHT BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.. IT SOUNDS LIKE I GET SOMTHING CAUGHT IN MY THROAT..
Did you have cake for your b-day? NO
Who do you go on splits with? THE OTHER MISSIONARIES IN THE DISTRICT
Which woman from the scriptures do you most admire? EVE! THE MOTHER OF ALL.

This is such a great quote--hope you love it too:

"You can’t be right by doing wrong; you can’t be wrong by doing right. Your personal conscience always warns you as a friend before it punishes you as a judge."
~ Richard G. Scott

Skylar, we are so proud of you. The work you are doing is so important, and you are exactly where the Lord would have you be. You will never regret these two years of your life. Enjoy your last year as a full-time missionary. Uncle Scott says it goes way too fast.

We love you!
Onnie

LOVES!!