Friday, May 13, 2011

New area

April 25, 2011

Skylar writes:

hey guys new area rocks!!! Elder Shonefeld and myself are tearing it up!! it looks like the last elders left us a mess but thats ok!! we are prepared for it. we started teching some investigators and we have a goal to have a new one this week!\
So yesterday i went back to mt. scott for Taylors Baptism.. her mom and her bf came and picked us up.. the distance was like them going to globe to pick me up! a heca far way but she said that i just could not miss it or she would kill me!! I love cassie so much. i have loved teaching her and her family.. so.. i was telling her about how she needs to get married in the temple.. (she hates marrige) and she finaly said she would pray about it.. and guess what!! she is getting maried in themple on her year mark!!! and i will still be in the mission!!!! so i get to go to that as well! and for her ring cerimony she is doing a totaly hardcore reception at wich she wants to mix up traditions.. so insted of brides maids she is haveing best men.. and i guess i am one of them.. fun stuff! the Filer Family has realy made me see what a mission is all about.
One of our investigators in the book has a teaching record that says that they are training for the olympics.. but they arnt sure witch olympics!! haha.. and the family for little people big world are here in my area.. yes we will baptize them!! so if we teach them you might see me on tv.. just a fyi



Dad writes: (Skylar replies)


Well how is the new area going, and tell us all about your new companion?
HE IS SUPPER SWEET!! WE HAVE ALLOT OF FUN AND GET GOOD WORK DONE. WE HAVE A COMPANIONSHIP IN THE DISTRICT THAT IS REALY STRUGGLEING GETTING ALONG.. AND THEY WANT TO NOT DEAL WITH IT AND EXCHANGE EVERY WEEK. LUCELY WE BOLTH HAVE EXPIRIANCE IN THIS FIELD SO WE ARE GOING ON ONE EXCHANGE AND HEARING THE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE STORY.. THEN WE ARE HAVING A INTERVENTION.. AFTER THAT WE ARE TELLING THEM TO JUST "PULL UP THEIR SKIRTS AND DEAL WITH IT" AS IT WERE
How did the baptism go this weekend were you able to get back for it? SEE ABOVE
How was your Easter, ours was good and we had the best Easter program that I think I have ever been to, you could sure feel
That the spirit was there in abundance. The music was amazing.
So tell me all about your new companion, where is he from, what are his hobbies and how long has he been out?
HE IS FROM HIGHLAND UT.. BEEN OUT 14 MONTHS AND HE LIKE GUITAR AND SINGING(WE ARE SPENDING LIKE ALL DAY AT GUITAR CENTER TODAY) AND HE UTILIZES ME VERY MUCH.. THE MISSION HAS TURNED MY BRAIN INTO A STEEL TRAP.. I ALREADY KNOW THE AREA AND ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE DISTRICT AND THERE AREAS AND NOTS ON THEM.. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO HAVE A SAY IN THE DISTRICT.. WITHOUT THE RESPONSABILITY
New area new chance for animal sightings, any to report.
So how is the new bike working out? You said it's shinny but that's not the part that gets you around, is it good at that?
OH YA.. ITS A ROAD BIKE!! NUCE HANDLEBARS. I NEED TO TRUE UP THE RIMS AND CHANGE THE CABLES FOR THE SUMMER BUT OTHER THAN THAT ITS ALL GOOD!! I HAVE A KRIPTONITE LOCK!!
How about a good lock?
What are your plans for Pday?
SEE ABOVE
Are you getting settled in at the new ward? I LOVE IT!! AND THEY LOVE US! THEY ARE HAPPY TO HAVE MISSIONARIES THAT WILL WORK. WE WERE WELCOMED VERY WARMLY.. WE STARTED TO GET THE L TOM PERRY PLAN MOVING.. WE TOLD THE AUXILLARYS TO DO IT.. IN A NICE LOVEING WAY.. THEY DIDENT WANT TO.. AND I WAS FED UP WITH WARDS NOT DOING IT.. SO I SAID "I KNOW IT SOUNDS HARD BUT ITS REALLY NOT.. AND WE HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO DO IT BY AND APOSTLE OF THE LORD AND BY REVELATION.. IT IS YOUR CALLING TO CARRY THIS PLAN OUT AND SUPPORT IT WHOLEHEARTEDLY" I WAS FREAKING OUT AFTER THAT... I COULD NOT BELIVE THAT I HAD JUST CALLED OUT THE WARD ON MY FIRST SUNDAY.. THE BISIOP JUST STARED FOR A MINUETE AT THE WALL AND SAID... "THE ELDER IS RIGHT.. WE NEED TO DO IT..." I WAS SO RELIVED. HE PULLED ME ASIDE AND SAID THAT HE WAS GLAD THAT WE WERE WILLING TO DO THE HARD THING AND SAY WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID.. WE GAIED HIS TRUST AND THE TRUST OF THE WARD... ELDER WHITE WINS!!!! CHINIESE FIGHT STYLE
How is it living with Members? IT IS SWEET!! THEY ARE SO COOL.. I AL NOW LEARNING FRENCH AND GEARMAN.. HE TECHES BOTH.. AND THE KITCHEN HAS ALL THE LITTLE GIZMOS AND GADGETS WE NEED.. JUST HAVE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE WE DONT EXIST.. (THAT JUST MEANS TO CLEAN UP OUR CRAP)
What is your new email time or do you have access in the new place. YOU SOULD HAVE EMAILS IN BY SUNDAY NIGHT TO BE SURE THAT I GET THEM..
I have been trying to do as much service as I can and it has been alot of fun, I am getting to see different workings of some of the churches programs
It's really amazing how things get done.
THAT IS SO SWEET.. READ ELDER EYRINGS SERVING WITH THE SPIRIT. I THINK IT IS SO SWEET
So tell me what's around you, are you in a flat area now or is the still alot of hills, are you in town or more rural? IT IS MORE RURAL THE MEMBERS HAVE CHIKENS AND IT IS FLAT.. A BIG SWAMP.. VERY SUBURBAN.. ALLOT LIKE QUEEN CREEK
Sorry so many ? But I like to picture the area in my mind and it's easier with alitte info.
How is the new bishop, and ward. Are you getting fed?
EVERY NIGHT (BISIOP MENTIOND ABOVE)
How is the weather, it is getting warm here, ok some might even say hot but you know I like it warm. IT IS GETTING A LITTLE WARMER BUT STILL IN THE 60S
Well I'm sure you have alot of people to answer so I'll let you get to it.
Love you have a great week, Love Dad
LOVES!!



Onnie writes: (Skylar replies...no actually he didn't, he just FW JR's email to her...LAZY BOY!)


Hi there!

How ya doin? I hope all is well up there! And that things are going great with your new comp.

All is well here in AZ. We just got back from a camping trip. It was so cold and windy--eek. GLAD to be home. The kids loved it though, and Scott seemed to enjoy the hunting part (though, he didn't get a turkey). The bunny came and we had a really great Easter Sunday--great meetings, family study of the Resurrection, and a movie about Christ and dinner with the Slades. This week looks to be a busy one for us. We are feeding the missionaries tonight, and have invited a non-member to join us. We are hopeful that it will turn out well. Also, I wanted you to know I added a profile to mormon.org--at your request. That's a cool site. Thanks for letting us know about it. Scott will add one too! And I did bug your mom about getting hers on there too.

Some questions for you:

How are things with the new comp, one week later?
Do you like the new area?
Did you do anything special for Easter?
How is the bike?
Are you teaching anyone now? any baptisms planned?
Do you have a new mission president now?
How many scriptures have you memorized now?
If you could visit any church historical site--where would you go?

Found this quote on LDS.org and loved it:
“Truth, covenants, and ordinances enable us to overcome fear and face the future with faith!” ~Elder Russell M. Nelson


Have a great week. We love you and pray for you always!
Onnie