Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flexible Dinner

SO...a "dear" friend of mine (Auntie Cathy) has brought it to my attention that as much as I "claim" to have posted the letter about the flexible dinner...I didn't.....I've told her over and over that I'm sure I did...she just doesn't know how to read....so I've spent the last hour trying to find the post....and ya know what? Hooked on Foniks werkt fer me!

So this time I really really am posting the letter from a member in Skylars last ward. It will explain why in the world these boys are eating off the table!


April 11, 2011

Cheri,

I hope we didn't create a couple of monsters with sharing a flexible dinner tonight with them. We have shared this with many missionaries over the years along with a lesson on how important it is in life that when things aren't going the way as planned, we try to make the best of what we are dealt. Another words when life gives you lemons, make lemonaid.
Both Elder Graham and your son seemed to enjoy the flexible meal. They are both great young men that continue to work hard and motivate the members to assist in the Lords work.
I thought you might enjoy some pictures of your son with his crazy companion. All in all I think they both get along pretty well, though they can get pretty goofy at times. I then remind myself that they are still teenagers, or barely beyond.
Enjoy the pictures!
Lorna DeRoest

She also wrote:

The best part of having the Elders into our home is the wonderful spirit they bring, and the message they share with us. Your son gave a beautiful message and testimony on the Atonement tonight that really touched my heart. I want to Thank both you and your husband once again for raising such a strong valiant young man that is willing to put his own life on hold for two years in order to dedicate his life to the Lord.