Friday, May 13, 2011

May 2, 2011

Skylar writes:

THIS WEEK WAS WAY GOOD.. I WAS REFLECTING ON MY MISSION ALLOT AND THINKING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE LEARNED.. WELL I HAVE A PERSONAL PROGRESS
THING. I CAN MAKE OMLETS AND IM GETTIN DANG GOOD AT IT. I GOT THE PACKAGE AND I LOVED IT!! THELL CATHY THANKS! IM SHORT ON TIME SO I WILL TALK TO YOU GUYS SOON!!


Dad writes: (Skylar replies)

How was your week? WEEK WAS GREAT!!! I LOVE MY COMP AND LOVE HOPE TRANSFERS DOSENT HAPPEN!!
The weather was great here this weekend and I got alot of yard work done.
How are things going there any new prospects?
NO BUT WE ARE WORKING ON IT
What do you know about your call for Mothers Day? CAN YOU SEND ME THE NUBER.. AND I WILL GET IT ON THURSDAY.. AND I WILL CALL AT 330
How have you been feeling? AWESOME!! GETTING A COLD BUT NO BIGGIE!! I AM HAVIN THE TIME OF MY LIFE
Well how about the news on Bin Ladine, Its hard not to be happy he's gone but I always think that he's still one of our fathers children. (...and now he's fish food!)
It looked like you were still getting rain and snow in your state, is it warmer and wet or just wet.
What is your favorite thing about your new area?
UMM. MY COMP.. LIVEING WITH MEMBERS.. COOL MEMBERS!! YA.
Is there anything but house around your area, I googled it but I'm not sure I was in the right area.UMM YA EVERYTHING! PANDA. TACO BELL. MCDS..
How's your companion?
How is the Spanish going are you learning any or do you even need to? Does you companion speak Spanish?
NO HE DOSENT BUT IM LEARNING MORE FRENCH THAN ANYTHING THE MEMBER WE LIVE WITH TEACHES IT
Grandma and Pa should be released soon. That was quick.
what's new, anything?
Kylee started her job on Friday, I think she likes it,
What are your plans for the day?
LAZER TAG!!! AND PLAYING GUITARS
What are you reading right now. UM MOSIAH ITS SUPER SWEET!!
How are you doing on the teaching, do you feel like the spirit is helping you convey the message. WE ARNT TEACHING REALY NO PEOPLE!!!
Dallin is at the MTC, I'll have Mom get you the Info.
How is the new place, are you liking it there.
What can we send you to , snack on?
UMM.. IDK I WILL LET YOU KNOW..
Well I will save some Questions for when you call so have a great week and know we love you and
That we are all proud of you.


Love Dad



Onnie writes: (Skylar replies)

Hello to you!

I hope you have had a great week, and that the springtime in OR is glorious!

We have had a rough week. Marley (our dog) died in a terrible accident. Our family has really had a hard time. It's amazing how animals become part of the family. We have really prayed a lot and have felt peace from our Heavenly father. Prayer is such a gift. And so is the knowledge of the gospel and our Father's plan. I was very grateful to be able to tell our kids that every creature is precious to our Heavenly Father and that all will resurrect.

We are excited to have a trip to Disneyland coming up! And the kids have lots of fun stuff with school coming up too.

Well here are a few questions:
Is it still really rainy?
YES.. BUT WE MIGHT GET A BREAK.. SUMMER IS SOPOSED TO BE ON A THURSDAY THIS YEAR
How is it living with members? I LOVE IT TO DEATH IT MAKES LIFE ALLOT EISIER.
Do you get to see old companions often?NO.. MUST OF MINE HAVE GONE HOME AND THE OTHERS THERE IS NO DESIRE TO SEE
How many wards are you serving in now? STILL ONLY ONE
Are you in a new stake? YES I AM
Any favorite spots in your new area? UM.. THE GUITAR STORE

Since this week was especially hard on me, Scott sent me a great quote. I thought I'd share it with you too:

Elder Maxwell said:

“…God will not withhold from us certain growing experiences that He, in His infinite wisdom, allows us to undergo for our eternal benefit. His timetable, if followed, prepares us incrementally for the journey of discipleship and for going home.”

Have a great week! We love you!
Onnie