Friday, May 13, 2011

Letter to the Mission President

Hello President,

This week has been epic.. we got our 20 hours of trating we have been shooting for and are looking to replicate it.. We only got to teach one lesson to Lisa. She set a date and we are STOKED!!!! she wants this for her and her daughter. I know that it will be a life changing thing for them.
We are striving to set up appointments but we are not having any luck.. we are seeking referals dilligently and are rummaging through the formers and potentials but still are not having any luck. I feel great nonetheless. I think its because with the 20 hours i feel like its ok because i can go to sleep on sunday night knowing that i have done everything i could. so we just press forward!!
I am doing Great.. studying and thinking allot more about what i am reading.. i am focusing on my prepration to teach the lessons and not just the fundamentals. I am doign that by deepening my understanding on the principals. I am trying to milk the mission for all that it is worth. letting it be my school for eternity.. I have thought allot about that this week. I have concluded that obediance is excercise for the rest of my life.. i am developing the habit of doing what the lord tells me to do.. thus preparing me for exaultation. returning and reporting stats are helping me to understand that these principals of charity and obediance and accounting are eternal principals.. whenever i wander away from these i am retarding my progress and putting off things that i will have to know eventualy anyways. just some thoughts haha.
Elder Schonefeld is a beast!! i love working with him! he is as dilligent as they come and he is willing to work side by side with me. I think the fact that we have bolth struggled in our missions and had less-desirable companions we know what it takes to be a good companion and how to make it work.

p.s. : since this is the letter you will probably read to me in our interview i would like to as a few Q's : one is about goals, an investigator is someone who has been taught and kept a commitment. and zero is not a goal. is it realistic to set a goal foe 1 new investigator if you dont have anyone that can fit in that critiria? if you find someone they wont be an investiagator till you call and find out if they read. just asking... and the other was about comp inventory.. In my past three companionships i have found that it is a struggle. I think allot of missionaries struggle with this because they dont understand how it cam be effective.. I would be greatful for a little guidence on how to make it effective? please...

thank you in advance,
Elder White