Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Transfer!

April 18, 2011

Mom writes:

Hey Buddy!

Transfer Day!!!!

You probibly won't get this until Tuesday...but just in case......

So......Whaaatcha doooin? (can you hear the girl off of Phineas and Ferb???) :D

Same ol' same ol' on the questions.....
weather...
companion....
ward members
are you eating.....
any prospects....

I swear we talk to you more now than when you were home!!!

k - so in this box that I would like to get sent to you before Easter has not much in it....what would you like in it? We don't know the new companion yet so we don't know what he likes but if there is any way to find out a small something that would be nice...I'm thinking like a treat or something....that would be nice....so we can drop something in there for him too.

So...yesterday was Dallin's farewell. It was good. He was nervous and talked really soft so it was hard to hear him but the spirit was still there...then of course we got our grub on the the Davis Casa! Yum! As always! Would you expect anything less from Molly?
She gets a couple months break then she gets Joshie back home....so she'll be planning a wedding and grandbabies! ha ha ha

Were the Coopers in the ward before you left??? Their son Cody just got his mission call to Utica (spelled wrong?), New York.

Dad talked to Grandma and Pa last night....they were doing well. Heathly for the most part....but every day is a new day with them right???

Kylee got a job....but I'll let her tell you the specifics on that....guess it's her news to tell....she was all bummin cuz we sat down and figured her wages and her bills....she'll have about $20 at the end of the month for play money...growing up stinks!!! Guess it's time she learned. But she doesn't listen to me.....I'm the mother of a teenage girl so by definition I'm the enemy!

Dad is off serving at DI today. They needed some volunteers for a few hours this morning....he's been really good to serve here lately. He went and helped the Bennetts move this weekend...they bought the house next to Hongo's old house....right there in the middle....


It's so funny that this story that was told A MILLION times yesterday.....so the Bennett's have this side by side fridge....I guess it was on the trailer and wasn't set just right and it started to topple a bit.....dad went over and put his hands on it to keep it from totally falling over.....by the end of yesterday.....OMG!!!...this HUGE fridge was FALLING OUT OF THE TRAILER AND DAD RAN OVER AND CAUGHT IT AND SUPER HERO'D IT BACK UP ONTO THE TRAILER! THAT IF HE WASN'T THERE IT WOULD HAVE COME CRASHING DOWN FACE FIRST AND WOULD HAVE SHATTERED!!!!!

We teased dad all night on that one. Total fish tale if I've ever heard one! But seriously.....his back made it through....guess we have you to thank for that...so....thanks!

Then when he was done saving fridge's from complete and total destruction he was on his way home and saw the Hormann's moving...ya know....PJ's family??? Anyway...they bought our old house. Michelle feels kinda weird about it. She knew they were gonna put a bid on it but asked us first if that would cause any problems or if we would not like it. We were like....not a bit! Please do! But even after they won the bid she called to let us know and to apologize. So I think as an act of good faith dad stopped and helped them with a load or two. I think all is well now.....hope they have many happy memories there.
They ripped up all the carpet....which so completely needed to be done....and laid tile. They painted all the rooms....so no more Pokeball room!

hmmmm.....what else????

So....still need to know some info on Mother's Day. Not sure what we'll talk about for an hour. Oh yes I do....weather.....companion....ward members....ha ha ha

Maybe we shouldn't write for the next 2 weeks so that we'll actually have something to say!

Oh hey Sis. DeRoest sent some pics of your yummy dinner! So funny! They seem like a fun family! She loves you to pieces! But I'm sure she let's you know that.

(I'll post the pics of their dinner at the end of this post)

We got the SD card.....I have everything saved on the computer here....at the store....on my terra...on a disc.....so if you want to delete most of or all of the images you can. I don't know if you save some just for your own reference.....but if you need to make room on there feel free.......

hmmm....well....guess that's about it....hope all is well.....everyone else loves and misses you.....me?...na so mush......

take care!

mommasitarosaritarefriedbeans


Skylar writes:

haahaha im so excited!!! I got the best transfer ever!!! i am now in hillsburo aka hillsburrito!! lol lots on mexicans.. i will brush up on my spanich tracting(im gettin pretty decent) we live with members who are so sweet!! nither me or my comp have ever lived with members before so it was weird at first.. but they are so sweet!! they served in france and germany as a couple.. My companion and I whitewashed into here as the DL's (well hes the DL) but in this mission it has become a team calling. it sometimes can feel like a secretary job but hes pretty good about spliting things up and he like allot of my Ideas.. so its like being the Dl without having my neck on the chopping block.. in the district there are no sisters :( sis willmore and sis todd were way chill. I love sister missionaries. they are awesome. they have helped me see that i need to marry an RM.. its official haha. I will miss them allong with my good buddy sorenson and Rossi. But i will see them around.. THe APs are in my district!! so allot of preasure to do good.. i can take the heat.. I am done Babysitting Elder Graham now so i can get back to work!! he is being put with another missionary and they are babysitting eachother in the Mt scott ward.. I love him but am glad to have moved on. I was happy to transfer but not happy to leave.. I felt so at home.. Sis reck was crying and told Cassie(the only person that i was with start to finish in the baptism, shes my favorite!!). She walked out of the chapel crying and called the mission President.. she was not happy!! especialy because her daughter who i taught is getting baptized this saturday!! She said that i had to come.. and she would arrange the ride.. I love cassie and her fammily so much!!! i cant wait to be there when she gets married in the temple.. The mission has made me see what life is all about... umm what else happend. oh ya!!! so there was some tears by the young wimmen as well when i left.. they sure love those tags.... and guitar players haha... it was weird... but kind of cool at the same time..
HIllsburrioto is way sweet!! the members are so cool and love to take us to winco (like costco but better) and feed us.. Elder Shonefeld my new comp is pretty much the coolest person I have ever met in my life!! we are excited to do work and jam at guitar center on Pdays hahaha. We get allong Great!!
oh BTW! we got txting in the mission!! its like the coolest tool we have!! it makes the work so much esier but they are monitered hardcore.. understandable..
Elder Clayton of the 70 came and taled with us.. it was cool but not anything like bednar...
Today we are going to unpack and play some basketball!!! yayy!!!!
ummm....
oh ya dad is a superhero for sure!! and Im glad hes serving!! its great. i think that there is no better way to share the gospel.. and i still cant find you guys on mormon.org... i love you guys but seriously!!!! will you do that... I know you busy but its important to me and you will be blessed... like you always told me mom "just get it done"...... that and feeding the missionaries.. i am telling you you are going to do it and it will change your life.. you have no idea how cool they are..
for the box.. purple skittles.. YOUR TESTIMONY AND HOW YOU CAME TO KNOW THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!! ifeel like a broken record......... i am tiard of not being able to share things about my families conversion.. I get asked "how long has your family been in the church? " and i say that you are converts.. and there like "how?" and im the ignorant idiot that says IDK??
please do that for me... you can tell me now or we will have to waste the mothersday phonecall hour on it. thats my 2 cents for the day :)
things are going great and i cant belive that at the end of this transfer i will be at my year mark!!! AHHHHHHH
oh and the 60 bucks at ross was paying the missionary that i bought the bike from.. i will send you pics.. its shinny...... oh and let kylee know that when i get home i am reletlessly harping her to go on a mission.. and you guys... i swear i am going to make big bucks so that i can send you and dad to serve in Australia... you know you get to pick when your old..serve like there or tahiti or hawaii... haha..... or if you feel liek you really want to lear somthing you can go serve in novosybirsk russia haha.awwwww i just thought about not serving at generous ventures anymore........ :( no mor learnning russian.... :(
well see you latter
DAS VIDANIA! (russian for goodbye) (not exact because they use different charecters)




Onnie writes: (Skylar replies)

Elder White--Hello!!!

How are you? How are things going in OR? I hope all is well there. I hear this week is transfers--so you'll have to fill us in on the details.

Things here are going very well. The weather has been very clear and very warm. It's perfect. Scott was out of town a few days for a "guys golf trip" this past week. He had a great time and played lots of golf. He has a spring turkey hunt this weekend and we all get to go and camp with him. I can hardly contain myself. :) The kids are doing really well and are getting SO big. They are very excited for our upcoming trip to Disneyland. I'm doing well too. Looking forward to the Disneyland trip and also some less busy summer days!

Your questionnaire:

Do you get to do anything special for Easter weekend?NO ITS A NEW AREA
How often do you have zone conferences? QUARTERLY
Do you take vitamins? I NEED A DAILY MULTIVITEMEN AND MELOTONIN BUT I WOULD???
Do you use pass-along cards? AT EVERY DOOR
What do you eat for lunch most days? RAMMEN NOW
If you had the opportunity to see any piece of religious history (IE tablets the ten commandments were written on; Urim and Thummim; etc.) which one would you pick? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CITY ON ENOCH BEING RAISED UP.. OR THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT.. CHRIST IN THE AMMERICAS.. THE LIBERTY JAIL REBUKING.. BRIGIAM YOUNGS COUNCIL FROM JOSEPH SMITH AFTER HIS MARTERDOM

I wanted to give you and Easter quote this week and I came across this one as I was search and loved it:
“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.
“But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.
“No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.”
~Joseph B. Wirthlin

The Savior's "Friday" was far worse than any of our "Fridays" and His Sunday was far more glorious than any of ours will be. Yet, the fact remains that great blessings and peace come after our hardest trials. And Christ knows our pain, troubles and sorrows because He felt exactly what we feel when we go through them. This is a wonderful lesson taught by the miracle of Easter. I hope you have a great holiday and that you are filled with the love of our Savior as you tend to His sheep.

We love you and are so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Onnie

LOVES HEY WILL YOU GUYS DO ME A FAVOR AND MAKE A MORMON.ORG ACCOUNT?? AND STAY ON MY PARENTS ABOUT MAKING ONE... PLEASE AND THANK YOU