Monday, July 18, 2011

dad mail

July 18, 2011

Dad writes: (Skylar replies)

How are you doing, any great happenings going on in the great state of Oregon.
It is hot here and I'm thinking that being a snowbird is not such a bad idea.
They say we might get rain but you know how that goes, dust, wind, a few sprinkles, wash your car and start over.
How are you doing with the work? Any new Prospects?
YES.. JUAN AND VICKIE.. THEY ARE SWEET.. SHES LESS ACTIVE AND HE IS NOT A MEMBER.. BUT THEY SEEM EXCITED TO LEARN.
I am going on a visit with the missionaries, on Wednesday, to a neighbor down the street. They want him to meet some of the people in the area. SWEET!! THE MISSIONARIES BRING BLESSING TO HOMES.. I KNOW THAT FROM EXPIRIANCE.. PEOPLE TELL US WE MAKE THEIR HOUSE MORE PEACEFUL... I DIDENT BELIVE IT AT FIRST.. BUT WE HAVE HAD SO MANY PEOPLE SAY IT.. ITS COOL
One of them is brand new and the day I talked to them was his 1st day, It was 107 in the shade and He's from Utah. Poor guy.
What are you doing with your spare time or is there any. Do you have any new hobbies.
Kasey said to tell you we saw a bunch of rabbits the other night, but that's about it for animal report, have you seen anything new or cool.
What are you doing with you day?
EMAIL.. SALV. ARMY. KICKBALL. PICK SOME CHERRIES.. SING... THE USUAL
Are you able to play guitar much or just on P-day? USUALY JUST ON PDAY.. OR WHEN MEMBERS FIND OUT(SEE DIOLOGE)M-MEMBER J-ME

M-"SO. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AFTER THE MISSION?"
J- " GOING TO SCHOOL FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION"
M-"OH.. DO YOU PLAY ANY INSTUMENTS? WICH ONES?"
J-"YES.. GUITAR..BASS.A LITTLE PIANO.SINGING..SOME VOCAL WORK(MY NEWFOUIND PROFESIONAL WAY TO SAY SCREAMING)"
M-"WOW..WERE YOU IN ANY BANDS? WILL YOU PERSUE THAT?"
J-"YES.. I PLAN ON IT THE SCHOOL IS SO I CAN HAVE SOMETHING FOR AFTER MY MUSIC CAREER"(MEMBERS ALWAYS GIVE A LITTLE BIT OF A "DREAM ON" EXPRESSION)
M-"WE HAVE A GUITAR!!! WILL YOU PLAY FOR US?"
J-"NOT AFTER THAT LOOK OF DISAPROVAL!!!" (HAHAH JK.. I NEVER SAY THAT)
J-"YES" (MIND YOU THAT THE YES IS CONDITIONAL ON WETHER OR NOT THERE IS A TEENAGE GIRL IN THE HOUSE.. IF SO THAN ITS A NO-GO.. THATS BAD JU-JU)


What's the weather like there now, like it. ITS WARM.. BUT STILL RAINS!!!
Glad you got to stay with your companion, are you guys going to stay in the same area or do you both move together? NO WE ARE STILL IN OLD HILLSBORO.
How many members are there in you ward? LIKE 120
What is you favorite meal? Don;t say fresh chicken or you will gross your mom out.UMM.. SMOKIN GOOD FOODS!!! SMOKED PORK SANDWICH!!
Her chicken and eggs come from the store not real chickens.THATS OK. MINE ARE FREE. HAHA
What do you think that you have learned from you mission up to this point, and what would you like to learn in the last half? WOW.. I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVE LEARNED IS JUST TO BE REAL WITH PEOPLE.. FOCUS ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS.. DONT WORRY ABOUT THINGS YOU CANT CONTROL.. AND THAT I REALY CAN DO ANYTHING IF I TRY TO.. AS LONG AS IT IS EXPIDIENT IN THE LORD.. PRAYER WORKS.. THE SCRIPTURES HAVE THE ANSWERS TO EVERYDAY QUESTIONS AND IS A GUIDE SPECIFICALY FOR US IN THEIS DAY..RAIN SUCKS.. AND A CHOOSING A WIFE IS GETTING TO BE A HEVIER AND HEVIER DECISION.. I WANT TO LEAN MORE ABOUT MASTERING MYSELF.. TO BE SELF GOVERNING AND SELF MOTIVATED..
Do you need anything, food, cloths an extra prayer? UMM.. I THINK I AM GOOD FOR NOW..
How is the bike working, are you saying in shape or is it just easy going? IT IS A BEAUTY.. STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP
Are you still reading in the BOM or are you on to something new.I READ THE BOM ALLOT.. I WANT TO BEA ABLE TO KNOW IT AND THE NEW TESTAMENT FLUENTLY.. AND I AN STUDYING THE ORIGIONS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT.. ABOUT HOW SCRIPTRE IS WRITTEN ADN WHERE IT COMES FROM

Any new words of wisdom that you would like to share. PRAY AND READ.. AS A FAMILY.. SIMPLE THINGS.. BUT THEY ARE THE KEY. THEY REALLY ARE..IF YOU HAVE A GOOD LINE OF COMUNICATION WITH HEVENTLY FATHER.. THEN HE WILL DIRECT YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO.. AND LIFE WILL BE EASYER.. I PROMISE
Have you got a chance to meet your new president, or is he still getting settled in? YES HE IS SWEET.. BUT I DONT KNOW A WHOLE LOT ELSE.. HE SAYS THAT HE EXPECTS ME TO BE WHAT PRESIDENT DYCHES SAID I WAS..
How is Bo doing? HES DOING GOOD IT SOUNDS LIKE.. STILL STRUGGLEING.. BUT I KNOW THAT THE LORD HAS HIM BEING TESTED IN A WAY THAT WILL BENIFIT HIM.. I GUESS THE WAY TRANSFERS FALLS FOR HIM WE GET HOME WITHIN 6 WEEKS OF EACH OTHER!!
Well I better get up and get to work before it gets to hot, have a good day and be safe, we love you and mom says she might miss ya, a little but that's it,
Talk to you soon. Love Dad

LOVES!!!!!!!!


and then his letter to the Mission President

Hey president.. not much going on.. but we picked up a new investigator.. his name is Juan.. he is living with a less active sister.. and she wants to get reactive.. and he is interested in learning.. so we will See where that goes. Carter did not come to Church. we are going to stop by today and see whats up.
I am doing great.. I am feeling a difference in my studies. I am feeling like doing the things i am supposed to do are relay helping me as opposed to being a burdon.. it makes it funner to work when you don't feel like it is just a calling but a joy.. that's been our focus. We got a game going in the district to help emphasize this point.. some companionship's are less-excited.. and by less i mean they don't want to play at all.. but little do they know that there is a bar set.. and everyone that meets those expectations it going to be rewarded.. weather or not they are the winner.. slightly deceitful.. maybe.. but it be a blessing and boost for those who try. and hard doctrine for those who don't. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!